How to Remote Start Your Honda
No matter what the temperature is like outside, the remote start feature on your Honda can precondition your vehicle’s cabin to the perfect temperature before heading out.
The remote start feature on newer Honda models is designed to start the engine without using the ignition key, and it can be activated from a range of up to 400 feet. Learn how to remote start your Honda with this quick step-by-step instruction guide.
Step-by-Step Guide: Remote Start Your Honda
- Grab your key fob and press the Lock button.
- Then just press and hold the Engine button within 5 seconds to remotely start the engine.
- This will allow the engine to run for up to 10 minutes, but to extend the run time for another 10 minutes, just repeat the procedure during the initial 10 minutes.
- While the engine is running, the climate control system adjusts the cabin temperature, the security system remains on, and lights and accessories remain off.
On the flip side, you can also stop the engine using your key fob. To do that, follow these steps.
Step-by-Step Guide: Remote Stop Your Honda
- Just simply press and hold the engine button until it stops.
- The engine will also stop if it has been running for more than 10 minutes, or if any door is open without using the remote or smart entry.
- Do not use this remote start feature if you car is parked in the garage, or other areas with limited ventilation.
- Remember to remove any car covers before using the remote starter. The engine and exhaust heat can cause a fire if a cover is left on.
- Remove any flammable material near the vehicle before starting the engine, such as grease, oil, wood, paper, dead grass, etc.
Remote Start on Hondas
You’ll find the Remote Start feature standard or optional on most new models, as it’s a well-represented feature across the Honda lineup. Take a look at our current inventory to find a Honda vehicle equipped with the remote start today!
Of course, if your Honda doesn’t come with a remote start, you can add it on as an accessory. Just give us a call at Wilde East Towne Honda and we can get it installed for you.
If you already have an accessory remote for your Honda, you can follow these steps to remote start your Honda.
Step-by-Step Guide: Remote Start Your Honda with the Accessory Remote
- Grab your key fob and press the lock button.
- Then press the engine button and press the lock again.
- On the LCD it will show you once the engine starts.
- It will also show 10 minutes run time on the screen, and can be extended to 20 minutes by repeating the same step.
For additional information on how to use Remote Start, reach out to our friendly staff! And check out our current service specials to see what we are offering today.