2018 Honda CR-V Safety
Safety is a top concern for the majority of car shoppers, which is why so many Madison drivers turn to the 2018 Honda CR-V, given its safety ratings and available safety features. For instance, the Honda CR-V comes with:
- The Honda ACE Body Structure
- The Honda Sensing suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies
- Additional safety systems like the Blind Spot Information System with Cross Traffic Monitor, Multi-Angle Rearview Camera, Auto High-Beam Headlights, Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers, and more
- Active safety features including vehicle stability assist with traction control, brake assist, LED daytime running lights, electronic brake distribution, and more
- Five-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Top Safety Pick+ ranking from the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety
The Honda Sensing® safety suite is available across the 2018 Honda CR-V lineup, boasting:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: Deploys when you’re quickly approaching a vehicle, applying the brakes to lessen the impact in a collision
- Road Departure Mitigation: Detects when you’re about to leave the road, taking action to prevent you from doing so
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow: Maintains a set interval when you engage cruise control on the highway, speeding up and slowing down with the flow of traffic so you don’t have to manually change your speed
- Lane Keeping Assistance System: Senses when you’re straying from your current lane without initiating the turn signal, adjusting the steering to return you to the center of the lane
One of the greatest indicators of the 2018 Honda CR-V safety is the high rating this crossover SUV received from top safety authorities.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA): The CR-V’s overall five-star rating includes five stars in the front driver side, front passenger side and side barrier crash tests, as well as four stars in the rollover resistance test.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS): The CR-V earned top scores of “Good” from the IIHS, specifically in the small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side, and roof crash tests.
Test the 2018 Honda CR-V Safety Capabilities at Wilde East Towne Honda
Experience all the 2018 Honda CR-V safety systems have in store when you browse the selection available at Wilde East Towne Honda! Take the drive from Sun Prairie or Waunakee, and turn to us for all of your repair and maintenance needs, as well. Still doing research? See how the CR-V compares to the Ford Escape.