Employee Spotlight – John Walcott
Every week we will be featuring one of our employees’ in our Employee Spotlight for a chance to get to know them a little better. This week the spotlight is on John Walcott, one of our Service Shuttle Drivers.
- Name: John Walcott
- Department: Service
- Length of time at WETH: 9.5 months
- Length of time in the automotive industry: 9.5 months
My life by demographics…
Lived in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin my first 5 years in the log cabin my father built. Moved to Columbus, WI where I graduated High School. US Navy: Great Lakes, IL; Pensacola, FL. Photography School; Jacksonville, FL. Hurricane Hunters; San Juan, Puerto Rico, Admirals Staff; Jacksonville, FL. Heavy Photographic squadron: Iceland, England, Norway and Spain (2 summers). Apprenticeships in photography: Jacksonville, FL, Lorado, TX and San Antonio, TX. Moved back to Columbus, WI, married and joined my parents photography and custom framing business. Purchased the family business which we still operate in Columbus, WI. Earned Photographic Craftsman, Master Photography degrees
- My hometown is Columbus, WI
- I currently reside in Columbus, WI
- My family consists of: My wife; our daughter Tui, her husband Mark Bedwell, their children Austin(13) and Morgan(11) and three Weimaraners. The live in Ft. Wayne, IN (they are the ones who influenced us to become Honda owners; Our older son Timothy, his son Noah(16), daughter Taylor(15) and daughter Kaylee(13), his fiancé Mindy and her sons Tyler(14) and John(18); and our youngest son Thomas, who’s finishing his master’s degree.
Cars, cars, cars-everything cars…
- My first car was a red station wagon
- I currently drive a Honda Odyssey
- While I am driving, I enjoy the people I’m with. When driving alone I listen to talk radio, lots of music and some audio books.
- My favorite thing about cars is their comfort and the sleek lines of sportier vehicles.
- I have owned this many cars: I don’t remember
- My favorite vintage car is the Bentley convertible
A few of my favorite things…
- My favorite day of the week is Monday
- My favorite movie is Star Wars
- My favorite animal is Kiwi, our family’s 6 month old Teddy Bear puppy
- My favorite band is New Horizon’s Swing Band, sponsored by Ward-Brodt & HOB
- My favorite restaurant is Texas Roadhouse
- My favorite sport is World Cup Sailing (to watch)
- My favorite ice cream flavor is Hokey Pokey (found in New Zealand)
What makes me tick…
- My hobbies include playing multiple instruments in four different groups
- If I could have any superpower, it would be to listen more attentively and talk less
- My favorite part of working at WETH is the clients and people I work with
- If I could spend the day with one person (deceased or alive) I would choose Rev. Jeremiah Walcott, founder of Ripon College. He also pastored in Neenah and made a trip to the gold fields of California hoping to raise money for the school.
- My life in a nutshell: I currently work in the Service department at Wilde 3 days a week and two weekends. My wife and I are raising four grandchildren. We are members of Door Creek Church. Together we run our family photographic studio and frame shop in Columbus. For fun I play in four musical groups. I drive for Lyft and Uber. And I work with our Google business partner as a Google Trusted Photographer. Together we fix businesses on various web placements, so they can be found in search and grow: Google map, Apple Map, Bing, Four Square, YP.com, Yelp, Zomato (formerly Urban Spoon), Trip Advisor and other web placements.