General Manager Spotlight
It’s been an exciting year at Wilde East Towne Honda, with us celebrating 10 years in business, joining forces with Lithia Motors, Inc. in September and welcoming a new General Manager. While we were sad to say goodbye to our longtime General Manager Jorge Hidalgo, his retirement gave Peter Bothe a chance to step up into that role.
Get to know Peter better in the Q&A below.
About Peter’s Career and Wilde…
- When did you start working in the automotive industry? 1999 at Kennedy Chevrolet Buick in Watertown, WI
- When did you start working at WETH? Day one, November 12, 2012, I am one of the last OG’s, there is only 9 of us left.
- How has your career grown since starting at WETH? I was hired as a Used Car Sales Consultant. My first day I worked my way into the Finance Department training and after impressing the Finance Director, I was promoted to the Finance Manager role right away. I spent 3 years in the Finance Department before getting promoted to the Lead New Car Sales Manager role. I spent the next 7 years in that role before taking on the General Manager role.
- What drew you to WETH originally? I’ve been around the car industry for a long time, the “Wilde” name has always been held to a high standard of being the best dealership group in Wisconsin.
- What is your vision for the future of WETH? My vision for the future of WETH is to become the #1 volume dealership in Madison.
- What is your favorite aspect about working at WETH? My favorite aspect is all the people I work with, we are a very diverse company full of great people.
- What is your favorite aspect about the automotive industry? My favorite aspect is that it’s challenging. Every day is a little different, every customer has different needs and previous experiences.
- What is your definition of success? Success is accomplishing your goals, being happy and making a positive impact on others.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer someone interested in working in the automotive industry? Treat customers and your co-workers the way you would want to be treated.
A Little More About Peter…
- Where is your hometown? Watertown, WI
- Where do you currently reside? Marshall, WI
- Who does your family consist of? My wife Erica, my two daughters Madelyn (14) and Avery (4) and our dog Lexi
- What are your hobbies? Camping, Fishing, Hunting, Gardening and Gaming
- What is your favorite color? Green
- What is your favorite animal? I love all animals, but my favorite is my dog Lexi
- What is your favorite sport; and which team is your favorite? Football – Green Bay Packers, but I am a huge fan of all Wisconsin Sports
- What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
- Are you a coffee or tea person? Neither
- What is something most people don’t know about you? I program synchronized Christmas lights to music
- What was the most recent book you read? The Future of Automotive Retail by Steve Greenfield
- If you could meet one person, dead or alive, who would it be? Bruce Lee
- When are you happiest? When I am with my girls, especially if we are fishing.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Negative attitudes!
- What are you the proudest of? Becoming the General Manager at Wilde East Towne Honda is my proudest accomplishment.
- Before you die, what is something you want to do? I want to travel the country in a RV.