2019 Rose Parade® Presented by Honda
American Honda will ring in the New Year on January 1, 2019, with its 60th-anniversary celebration float leading the 130th Rose Parade® presented by Honda. With the theme “Celebration of Dreams,” playing tribute to Honda’s heritage in the U.S. and its dreams for the future.
The 25-foot tall float will be shaped like a giant birthday cake, complete with special “candles”—60 members of Historically Black College and University (HBCU) marching bands. The band members’ schools recently participated in the Honda Battle of the Bands, an annual showcase created by Honda as part of the company’s commitment to the HBCU community and music education. The float will be punctuated by vibrant color, music, and video, with screens that share the story of American Honda’s commitment to the community.
“For 60 years, Honda has celebrated the power of dreams and has been committed to making the communities where we live and work better places for future generations,” said Steve Morikawa, vice president of Corporate Relations & Social Responsibility, American Honda. “We look forward to celebrating this anniversary with our customers while continuing to provide products and services that will bring them joy for years to come.”
The main float will be surrounded by five satellite units, each dedicated to Honda products, themes, and milestones:
- Honda Super Cub. The product that marked American Honda’s debut and represents Honda’s motorcycle heritage.
- Environment. This unit will showcase a floral re-creation of the 1975 Honda Civic CVCC, the vehicle that was the first to satisfy U.S. Clean Air Act standards without the use of a catalytic converter. It serves as a reminder of Honda’s mission to reduce the impact of its products and operations on the environment.
- Safety. Honda believes in Safety for Everyone. To visually demonstrate this, the float unit will feature crash test dummies surrounded by an arch with five stars. The arch symbolizes the top crash safety rating available in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s NCAP program, which top rating has been earned by many Honda and Acura vehicles.
- American Manufacturing. Focused on American Honda’s manufacturing presence, this float will highlight the 25 millionth vehicle built in the U.S.—and one of the best-selling vehicles in its vehicle lineup—the Honda Accord*.
- Future. Honda believes in the Power of Dreams and is fulfilling its dreams of flight on the wings of HondaJet.
In keeping with Honda’s commitment to the environment, the float will be powered by a specially configured low-emission, Honda hybrid powertrain. The Parade’s theme banner float will also be powered by Honda hybrid technology.
In addition to the float, the 2019 Honda Insight will be the Parade’s Official Pace Car. The Insight offers exceptional fuel economy ratings and advanced standard safety features and joins the Clarity series and Accord Hybrid as the fifth Honda electrified vehicle introduced in the past year. The 2019 Acura RDX will serve as the Sound Car. This third-generation RDX is the first to be designed and engineered in America, with styling design conducted in the Acura Design Studio in Los Angeles, California, and development and manufacturing conducted in Ohio.
The 130th Rose Parade® presented by Honda will be broadcasted at 8:00 a.m. Pacific on Tuesday, January 1, 2019.
View Parade Pictures
If you missed the parade, no worries. You can view photos from the Rose Parade at this link: View Photos from Parade
For the complete article, visit hondanews.com